- This event has passed.
Break The Fast Celebration
October 9, 2019 @ 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
We want to invite all of our members and guests to Temple Emmanuel’s annual Break-The-Fast celebration immediately following Yom Kippur services Wednesday evening October 9th, 2019.
Getting together to celebrate the start of the Jewish New Year has great meaning for us all! So don’t miss the fun.
After 4:30 pm Mincha services, at sundown around 6:30 pm, our break the fast celebration shall commence! Bring a dish! Bring a friend! Bring a neighbor! Bring a family member! Let’s bring in the New Year together!
Suggestions for what you can bring to the celebration…
- Bagels, rolls, challah…
- Cream cheese or vegetable spreads
- Pasta, tuna or egg salad
- Apples with honey
- Noodle kugel (sweet or otherwise)
- Herring, gefilte fish or white fish
- Fresh fruit salad
- Blintzes (with sour cream)
- Coffee cake, pies, pastries
- Watermelon, grapes
- Or your own dairy holiday favorite
- Grape, orange or apple juice
- your favorite non-alcoholic beverage
- The temple will supply coffee, tea and water
Please give the Temple office a call and let Bev know if you will be joining us . 617 889-1736 Or leave her a message including:
- Your name and that you will you be joining us
- How many people are coming?
- What you plan to bring?
When you return for afternoon services, stop by the kitchen to place your food/beverages on the counter or in the fridge if needed. If your item needs to be heated please make sure it is in an appropriate microwavable container.
We hope you can join us and break the fast with the Temple Emmanuel of Chelsea family.